The Platinum Revival | Fat, Ugly or Slutty

The Platinum Revival

I hate to break it to you SHREDDERULZ but just saying the word doesn’t actually make it a ‘blond’ joke! But kudos for trying to bring ’em back.

“I headshot him. He ragequit and I sent him a frowny face. That’s what he sent back.”

SHREDDERULZ

352 Responses to The Platinum Revival

1. Lucan Monks says:

Well, that and making people ragequit from a headshot. :P

2. Don’t know why she bothered to even send him a frowny face; he’s clearly not worth getting upset over, both as a player and a person.

3. I wonder — are there any games out there right now that punish people who ragequit, or reward people who make someone ragequit? I’m wondering if that’d be funny or terrible…

• sketches says:

i was thinking along those lines too today, after watching someones compilation of streetfighter ragequits:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp7aacb-rsM&feature=fvst lol.

• Chris Jacob says:

Halo reach has a quit ban.  If you quit too many games partway through, you get a 5-15 minute time out before you can log in again.  To add a carrot to that stick, if you go a lot of games without quitting, you start getting a reliable player stipend of extra exp per match until the streak ends.     To answer your second question, yes there is!  In TF2, there is an achievement called
      BarbeQueQ
      where you “cause a dominated player to leave the server.” as a pyro.    :D

• Ah, yes! I forgot about that achievement. Good times.

Also, I like the idea of providing a small benefit to players completing games consistently… That’s a good incentive. :)

I think the Madden games would do something if you quit games early, but I the last time I played Madden was ’93 on the Genesis, so I don’t know what they do exactly.

Also, Tribes: Ascend gives you bonus XP for completing a match.

4. Head shot leading oral comment/rant… damn my juvenile sense of humour.

Oh believe me, the original title I had for this was just “Headshot!” but I found a different angle. ;)

My brain went there as well.  I suppose SHREDDERULZ confused head shot skills and oral skills.

5. Iggy says:

Got a question – some of these screenshots show the Xbox messaging system as being of a different colour/format – is this a previous version of the Dashboard? Or is this just the camera filter?

I think it’s just an artifact of taking a screenshot with a camera. You can’t access Live with older versions of the dashboard, it forces you to update.

Sometimes players have saved pictures of their messages from long before they found this website. Actually from before it even existed, now that I think about it. But then they find FUoS and send in their collection!

6. I do not condone SHREDDERULZ comment, but the player shouldn’t have sent the frowny face. Let sleeping dogs lie. Just have a good laugh about it and keep it moving. It’s some random weird dude on XBL. There will be more people to play against on XBL.

He’s right though, blonds aren’t good for much and should be listed for extinction

8. Jiro Minier says:

BBC brought me here, found myself reading through all this with a raised eyebrow (being a male gamer and member of various internet communities in which women not only participate, but actively lead and contribute). Looking at this particular case, I couldn’t help but notice: surely you’re pretty good at ramming bullets through his head, given the context in which that message was sent? Just a thought.

9. Alex Camargo says:

You clearly aren’t a real gamer if you cant accept defeat :-/ Just stick around and get shot like a real man!